West Virginia Homes For Sale
West Virginia Homes For Sale
- New2 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,450 Sq. Ft.Summersville, WV 26651
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,790 Sq. Ft.Hedgesville, WV 25427
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,056 Sq. Ft.Paw Paw, WV 25434
- New3 Beds • 3 Baths • 3,314 Sq. Ft.Falling Waters, WV 25419
- New27.24 AcresMaysville, WV 26833
- New63 AcresMount Storm, WV 26739
- New6.85 AcresMaysville, WV 26743
- New2 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,050 Sq. Ft.Haywood, WV 26366
- New4 Beds • 1 Bath • 1,484 Sq. Ft.Rock Cave, WV 26234
- New2 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,354 Sq. Ft.Morgantown, WV 26501
- New3 Beds • 4 Baths • 2,220 Sq. Ft.Falling Waters, WV 25419
- New3 Beds • 3 Baths • 2,060 Sq. Ft.Martinsburg, WV 25404
- New0.43 AcresDavis, WV 26260
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,282 Sq. Ft.Weirton, WV 26062
- New3 Beds • 3 Baths • 1,740 Sq. Ft.Hedgesville, WV 25427
You stopped by just in time to see these new homes for sale.
Deep in the heart of Appalachia is West Virginia, known for its rural and wooded surroundings. Formed from portions of Virginia during the Civil War, West Virginia's history has played a role in its development and growth. Both newer and older homes in West Virginia are a mixture of Cape Cods, Mid Century Moderns, log cabins and Colonial homes.
While West Virginia doesn't have major metropolitan areas, it does have a few larger cities, which are hubs of transportation and amenities. Its capital, Charleston, is the largest city in the state with more than 50,000 people living there. Charleston provides its residents with access to state parks along with a quiet downtown center along the Kanawha River. As the city was mainly developed during the 19th century, lots of houses reflect different styles from that period such as brick and stucco homes in Italianate, shingle, prairie and the Queen Anne Victorian design. Huntington, which is close to the Ohio border, is another important city in this state. Marshall University is found here as well as an historic riverfront cityscape and a major railroad transportation route. Houses in Huntington include newer construction ramblers or older pre World War II Cape Cods. Morgantown, another city, is close to the edge of western Maryland. Here, West Virginia University is the main attraction. Much of the housing in this area is devoted to university students, consisting of apartments and other multi-family dwellings.
Historically, West Virginia's economy used to be dominated by coal, but now it has diversified as coal has declined. The top industry today is chemical production, with company DuPont leading the way. Biotechnology and research and development are also strong industries in this region. Bayer and Dow have centers in this area that employ many residents. Energy and coal continue to remain important in this area as well. Shale drilling and oil have grown slightly in the past few years. West Virginia's rugged appeal makes it a top choice for individuals who can appreciate what it has to offer.